It is Tuesday at 9:00 pm in the mid west. I have been thinking about what I might post all day. I really have wanted to continue my posting. I wanted to be sure I posted at least every Tuesday but here I sit my mind blank. What is there to say that is important? What do I write about. It was just a normal day.
It is not like there wasn’t things going on today. There was lots to do and think about yet I sit here with nothing to say. It was just a normal day –
- I showed up at work to run reports on the last computer test the 1st and 2nd graders took this year.
- I had lunch with my husband.
- I spent a slow and lovely afternoon with my daughter (slow due to chemo and she is three weeks from delivering a baby boy. She is not moving fast.)
- we planted tomatoes carefully
- we sat and chatted in the sun
- we talked in the living room and played with her cats
- we walked slowly down to the lake and back
- I walked with my husband, late in the day, and we enjoyed a drink and a bit to eat at a neighborhood bar
All these things are part of a normal day. Maybe it is just that – it was a normal day. Missy was feeling ok although slow. The sun was shining, the plants were growing and we had settled into a calm.
The winter was cold and wild. The spring tumbled along with snow, rain and cold. We had many weeks of news that left us spinning and with nights of worry. It has been a rough few months.
I guess I am just glad for a quiet day. One to enjoy with family. One that not much happened. It was just a normal day.