The last month was crazy busy with work – I know I am retired but it does not seem to matter. The last time I wrote I talked about testing. It is what May was about. We are now in the last days of May and the summer is stretching before us in all its sunshine and glory. ( just don’t look out my window it has been raining all day and the heat has come on twice – so much for sitting on the screen porch and writing in the glory of summer!)
It is however time to revisit goals, and make new plans to find my way back to writing and reading.
Goals: Remembering my OLW is balance
- stay off social media until I have written something each day- it is so easy to consume and so hard to create but create is what we carve! So why do we consume so much?
- write daily – anything – just write – seat in chair, words on page!
- reading daily – I am setting a goal for reading a number of books this summer instead of the Book A Day – I am reading so many chapter books it just isn’t going to happen as a book a day deal. I need to be realistic with goals. ( 12 chapter books – one each week – June through August – I think I can do this!)
- create a picture book explore – I have been following Deborah Wiles – Picture Book Intensive WORK-ALONG May 25-27 (find her on Facebook). I really want to do what they are doing. Just can’t this week. So I will follow along and then create my own deep dive in a few weeks. Maybe I can find some local folks to join me.
- The rest of my goals are for my garden and yard – a slow and steady make over as the sun shines and the weather warms. The key here is slow and steady remembering the OLW of balance.
Not bad – five goals for the summer.
What are your goals? reading, writing and fun in the summer sun!