This is short because if you live anywhere in the northern half of the U.S. you have heard enough about cold. If you live in the mid west you are ready to find a flight out of here for awhile. -25 to -30 is just not much fun day after day!
This year, like most years, a flight out of this frozen tundra is just not in the budget so what do we frozen folks do? Here is a short list of how I am making it till spring –
- spend time with my garden magazines – color abounds
- starting seeds under a full spectrum light – I know it is to early but I just like watching last years green lettuce seeds grow
- reading books about summer and plants – think Barbara Kingsolver’s – The Prodigal Summer – it has a green cover!
- spending time at the local establishments with others who are reading and writing (we won’t mention the drinking)
- reviewing photos of last years garden and making my Facebook friends look at them – under the title – Seeking Color
- and drinking green tea, and more hot tea and again more hot tea!
How are you making it through the cold days of winter? Smile the sun is out and it is only a – 6 with wind chill at about – no wait, I just check it is now 3 whole degrees and it feels like a – 4.
We have a Heat Wave!