- I used the gift certificate at the book store,
- I have a group of books from Net Galleys on my i pad,
- plus a few books I couldn’t help but hit the buy button on over the last few weeks that got sent directly to my i pad,
- Amazon settled a law suit of some kind so I received $9 that I put towards Grasshopper Jungle – need to read for my May children’s book group
- I joined an on line book group this morning for MWP so off to the library to pick Pat Conroy’s book My Reading Life
- I spent a little bit of time on Good Reads marking books I have read
- I spent time on Net Galley reviewing books I have read
Hmmm – All this reading and writing – amazing what happens when we grow up. There was a time in my life when I was placed in summer school because I couldn’t read. Well really, I could read but I read slowly. I took my time to understand and live in the world with the characters.
I remember being told by the summer school teacher – you are to good a reader just sit in the back of the classroom in that last desk and read. So I did! I didn’t complain I was given a chance each day to sit and read any book I wanted. I spent my summer morning reading and the afternoon on my bike or at the pool not a bad summer.
Reading Natalie Lloyd’s post over at Nerdy Book Club today made me remember reading in my closet which was in the eves of our attic. (dark, dirty and hidden – perfect for a little kid)
I read under my covers, in apple trees and in the back seat of our car while my Mother sang at funerals.
Now I read in bed, on the porch, at the coffee shop or the lake -I would read in apple trees but it is getting harder to climb and stay up there.
A silver of a reading life –
What is a silver of your reading life – past and present?