I believe this is week two or maybe it is week three that I have not posted. I wrote last week but did not post it. I just did not seem to say anything.
Well, it was election night and I was a bundle of nerves. We were also waiting out a Covid scare that had shown up in our family. So I was spinning and focus was hard. I wrote and then just refused to post it.
Tonight – one week later I am still struggling to write but decided writing won’t happen unless I just start typing. So here I am – thoughts still all over the place but I am writing.
I think a list is the best I can do tonight. A mini person journal –
- Covid scare has past – Little Man’s mom and dad both had friends or work partners who tested positive for Covid. They wore masks when with them but still were concerned. So we did not see Little Man most of last week. Negative tests and time have cleared them and we are back to taking care of him this week.
- The election is over although we are still in a struggle for the White House and the American Democracy. There is too much to say here so will just leave it at that.
- Minnesota had lovely weather last week allowing us to finish cleaning up leaves and gardens and take long walks without coats on. Today we are in the middle of rain, sleet and now snow. Glad I do not have to drive anywhere tomorrow. (I am not ready for winter snows but here they come. This is round two for us.)
- Beginning to practice Qi Gong – a Chinese healing/energy work. This is all about slow movements and breathing. My hope is to heal my right lung that was injured with blood clots last July. Healing is a long and slow process that requires patiences and regular work. I am regular about walking but little else so now I have set goals for short yoga sessions and Qi Gong breathing five days a week. Here is hoping I can stay with it and find a way to easy breathing and good health before next springs garden season.
- This leads me to my garden and home which is finally all closed up for the winter. The raised beds are clear, the fences around tulip beds are up and most of the wild flowers have been cut down. The house projects are now finished for this year as well. The garage is remodeled with cabinets and shelves installed. Everything that was under the deck is now back inside just before the snow and ice came. Thank goodness!
- I am reading and reading – lots of non fiction or sort of memoir books – Unrooted by Page Dickey, House Lessons by Erica Bauermeister, Late Migrations by Margaret Renki, Vespers Fights by Helen Macdonald. Not sure what that says about me right now. I have two fiction books lined up to read and two non fiction garden books as well but can’t seem to get to them. These memoirs keep popping up and I start reading them. I do need to get organized and get to my book club book starting tomorrow or I won’t get it done for our meeting next week. (So what do you think – are we back to Zoom meeting books groups now – we were meeting outside with social distancing but I think the snow has ended that bit of fun!)
- Holidays are anybodies guess – The NYC kids will not be back for Thanksgiving and who knows about Christmas with the increase in Covid. The local family – brother in-law and sister are not entering anyones homes so they will not be coming. My guess is Thanksgiving will be Little Man and his Mom and Dad since they are coming in and out of our house throughout the week anyway. A small group to share a meal. (Thinking we will make care packages of food to deliver my sister and brother in law who live alone.)
It is all very odd but we are finding our way through these strange times.
Let’s hope next week I can find my focus and words but for now at least I put something down on the page/ screen.
Here is wishing you a good week, health and peaceful times!
And a photo of Little Man making cookies for his friends just because!