It snowed again but walking is what I do so out I went again this morning – I am in need of a good emotional clearing. The National news has me full of thoughts and memories. The good ones and the bad ones.
I listened to three video clips in a row on Kathrine Sokolowski blog post. Yes, I had already watched them several times. This time they were posted together and the impact was powerful. The lines from Lin-Manuel Miranda song Found Tonight pulled me over the edge. The stirring of thoughts, care and love in this community of young people is amazing.
I pulled these lines as I listened to the guys sing after hearing the Emma and Naomi speak.
- Have you ever felt like you could fall and no one would hear
- Have you felt like you could disappear
- Maybe there is a reason to feel you will be ok
- When you don’t feel strong enough to stand
- Reach out – reach out your hand
- Raise a glass to freedom
- Something that no one can take away
- You will be found
- Someone will come running to take you home
- Telling the story of tonight
- When the dark comes crashing through
- When you need a friend to carry you
- You will be found
- You reach up and you will rise again
- Look around – you will be found
- When our children tell their story
- There will be more of us telling the story of tonight
There is reason to believe you will be ok
Though pain and darkness the light shines through in the voices of the youth of our country. It is the feeling of hope and a brighter future that I had not heard or felt for so long. I am so sorry it had taken so much death and fear to bring this out but if this is the silver lining than our losses will not have been in vain. “There is reason to believe you will be ok.”
And so I walk this morning under the grey skies, in the new spring snow, listeniing to the robins singing along the route as the words of Emma, Naomi and Lin-Manuel ring in my head.
Maybe there is a reason to believe we will be ok!