My reading has been shifting to more adult reads as I spend less and less time with students. That said I have not stepped away completely from kids lit.
So here are a few of the books I am in the middle of:
- The Mystery of Drear House – book two from Virginia Hamilton
- The List by Patricia Ford
- The Explorer by Katherine Rundell
- The Van Gogh Deception by Deron Hicks
- Wishtree by Katherine Applegate
- A Good Time for the Truth: Race In Minnesota
- The Little Paris Book Shop by Nina George
- A Letter of Mary: A Mary Russell Mystery by Laurie R. King
- The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeannette Walls
- A Northeast Gardener’s Year by Lee Reich
- Emily Dickinson’s Garden by Marta Mc Dowell
It was a busy September and so I was reading bits and pieces of everything. There are in both areas escape books -the easy, fun read. There are the serious books that I need to think about and then re read and share with others. All of them have me thinking and learning.
It is now October 2nd – a dark and raining day I am have decided it is time to settle down and finish each of these. Next week I will share just a bit about those I have finished.
Happy Reading Folks!