Ok – it is only day 5 and I am not in the mood to write. I have ideas but not focus to actually write them out.
There are the thoughts about:
- why after getting mad or discipling young kids they then want to be your best friend?
- what and why is there such harsh treatment at our airports for everyone? who is really making those changes at each airport? ( artist and writers now having trouble returning to the U.S.)
- my worries about our public education and where it is going? change is needed but not in the way I see people now thinking about it.
- what is happening in my garden with this early spring?
- what will I do next year if the schools budget cuts cut out my part time job?
- why can’t I find the middle of my middle grade fiction novel that I am writing?
- why are the clouds coming in when I want to go for a walk?
- what would I have written if I waited to write todays post later in the day?
As you can see my mind is bouncing from thought to thought – this is even after doing yoga! You would think I got up and drank a pot of caffeine this morning!
Well, there are those days – for us as adult writers. Not everyday can be a gem. So today I post my random thoughts -a list of a few of my questions.
Do you give that option to your students when they are stuck doing their daily writing?
You know there are just those days when there are only questions but no answers for right now!
(I am currently reading As Brave As You by Jason Reynolds. One of his main characters keeps a small notebook of questions – things to think about and look up later. I love this idea. Maybe that is why I am full of questions today.)