Today is day three without internet at home. Who would have thought this would be a problem? It is chance to be off the grid for a few days even if it is a forced time away – it is time away. (our modem went down, a replacement came and it does not work – so Monday is the day for repair!)
Here is the issue
- I was excited to read the garden book from the library but I can’t look up any of the flowers or bushes that were mentioned and the text doesn’t have many pictures. So I don’t really know what they are referring to most of the time.
- I am reading another garden book on my kindle app with terms that are unfamiliar to me and keep tapping on the words to get definitions or to go to web sites only to find I can’t.
- I headed out to a new garden center this morning but wanted to look up directions before I got on the road. No I couldn’t do that with out the internet.
- There is work I need to do this weekend to set up the state tests for school. All that work is on the internet.
- This was the weekend to update the family blog and send out the call for the newsletter but I do that all by e-mail and on the internet. Not happening.
- And there is the Slice of Life Challenge with a daily post on the internet.
I didn’t realize how interwoven my life has become with my computer and the need for the internet. The world wide web is an amazing place where I indeed spend a lot of time.
So tonight after a wonderful evening with neighbors I headed out to a book store cafe with internet to get my daily fix and post my slice for the day!
Happy Internet Writing!