I was excited this morning to realize I would be finished with my part time job in time to get home and write before my 3:00 pm class. I would indeed get a Slice of Life post done. It is important to me to keep my promise to myself to post every Monday and Tuesday.
Monday is book reviews linked to It’s Monday! What are you reading? and Tuesday is always my Slice of Life post. There is always something bubbling in my head to write about but today I have come up blank.
I prefer to have this post connect to teaching, writing and children. I like to be focused here but not today. So the best I can do is make a list – it is what I did tell my students to do when they were faced with a blank page – start a list.
Here is my list:
- Helped with the science Gise and Gems tournament on the weekend -fun to watch
- Finished another round of reading tests – glad to let teachers teach for a while
- Reading adult fiction to help with ideas for my MG novel – hard work writing novels
- We are in a January thaw and I am thinking I should plan the spring garden
- Tried knitting this last week – made a mess of it and realized the broken wrist is not ready for that kind of work out – darn!
Ok – so there you go – I realized that I could spend some time writing about any of those topics. All of them could be a interesting Slice of Life.
Yes indeed, when faced with the blank page making a list of things you are doing and thinking about could make a difference.
Now I have to many ideas to write about today and I have already written my post.
Hmmmm – I will just have to go write about those in my journal. Happy Writing!