I almost always write about teaching, kids or reading. There is always a slice of life to be found in our schools. Today my slice is short and one of being grateful.
I could do a long list of what didn’t work in the last few weeks. A list of frustrations, sadness and what really fell apart but what fun is that. You don’t need that and either do I.
So here is what was wonderful:
- it has been sunny, warm some days and cool others
- the trees are showing off with great colors
- I spent time talking with people I have not seen in years
- I only broke one bone in my wrist and I am healing fast
- I took time to reflect on the life of my 95 year old Mother – a power house lady – learned so much from her
- I am working in a wonderful school (part-time) where everyone has been helpful and friendly -daily
- I have a great pile of books to read on my i-pad and beside my bed
- I can walk and talk each day with people I care about
As you see the list could go on and on – take a few minutes today to make a list of what is going right for you!